City District Department of Enskede-Årsta-Vantör
The City District Department of Enskede-Årsta-Vantör is responsible for a large proportion of municipal services within the city district area of Enskede-Årsta-Vantör.
The City District Department is responsible for
- municipal preschool
- elderly care services
- support and services for people with disabilities
- work on the urban environment (e.g. maintenance of parks)
- social psychiatry
- individual and family care
- guidance for consumers
- leisure and cultural activities.
The elected representatives on the City District Council decide what is to be prioritised for these municipal operations in the area. The City District Department must then implement the Council’s decisions.
Enskede-Årsta-Vantör District Council
The city district area of Enskede-Årsta-Vantör comprises the following city districts
- Enskede gård
- Gamla Enskede
The work of the City District Department is led by Anders Carstorp, Director of the City District of Enskede-Årsta-Vantör. The Department consists of seven divisions with responsibility for operations within each area plus one administrative unit.
The Administrative Division consists of
- Administrative Unit
- Finance Unit
- Digital Operational Support
- Urban Environment and Facilities.
The Administrative Unit is responsible for the council secretariat, registry, archives, legal support and data protection officer. The Unit also has a quality manager.
The Finance Unit has overall responsibility for
- internal control
The Finance Unit is also responsible for supporting units and the departmental executive team with a number of strategic elements to create cost-efficient operations.
Digital Operational Support provides support to executives and operations when ordering
- computers, printers, phones, iPads
- others elements included in the delivery of IT services.
Urban Environment and Facilities is responsible for
- operation and maintenance of parks and natural areas, e.g. grass-cutting, mowing, planting and flower beds
- maintenance of bushes, hedges and arboriculture on parkland
- municipal playgrounds
- park playgrounds
- paddling pools
- some water facilities on parkland
- environmental issues
- the Council’s business council
- the City District Department’s facilities
- urban environment and social planning.
HR and Development
The Division’s brief is to
- develop, implement and map out HR processes
- provide training in HR-related matters.
The Division is also responsible for external and internal communication, work on security and public safety, and crime prevention work.
The Preschool Division in Enskede-Årsta-Vantör organises preschools and a consultancy and support group. The consultancy and support group includes a language educator, a special needs educator and a case officer for children in need of special support. The group provides support to the preschool units in their work.
The Division is responsible for the municipal preschools in Enskede-Årsta-Vantör. There are 56 preschools, organised under 11 units. Each unit is led by a Head Teacher.
Social Care for Adults
The Social Care for Adults Division is responsible for, processes and investigates
- applications for financial aid
- budget and debt restructuring cases
- exercising of public authority
- support and initiatives for people with substance abuse and addiction problems.
Social Psychiatry has
- a housing support team that provides support for people living independently
- assisted living facilities
- group housing
- employment assistance activities
- meeting facilities.
- group housing and service housing for persons with certain functional impairments (LSS)
- assistance unit
- daily activities.
The citizens’ advice bureau is also part of the division’s area of activity.
Social Care for Children and Young People
The Social Care for Children and Young People Division consists of three units. The main brief for each unit is to investigate and follow up on initiatives, and to provide support for children and young people.
The Division comprises the following units:
- Reception and Investigation Unit
- Family Care Unit
- Family Law and Outpatient Care.
Also included are the city district’s open preschools, Östberga Community Cultural Centre, park playgrounds and recreation centres, as well as field activities with the Department’s field assistants.
Social Care for the Elderly
- The Social Care for the Elderly Division has
- home care units
- care and nursing homes
- group housing for people with dementia
- daycare activities for people with dementia
- sheltered housing.
The Preventive Activities Unit is responsible for services including
- nine open meeting places in the field of elderly care
- "odd job" services for the elderly
- family support
- home instructor
- senior gym
- volunteer activities.
Social Care, Prevention and Promotion
The Social Care, Prevention and Promotion Division is responsible for
- open preschool with six local operations: Dalen, Högdalen, Rågsved, Stureby, Årsta and Östberga
- park playgrounds: Bandängen in Bandhagen, Rågdalen in Rågsved and Backen in Östberga, as well as Stacken in Hagsätra (run by an association)
- recreation centres in Örby/Enskede, Årsta, Dalen, Hagsätra and Högdalen, as well as Östberga Community Cultural Centre and the Rågsved Activity Centre
- prevention/early support: Parents’ Centre/Familjens hus, the Field Group and Gullmarsplan Youth Counselling.