Elderly Services Department
Elderly Services Department is responsible for elderly care, and for coordinating, developing and following up elderly care in the city in dialogue with the district councils.
The department is responsible for, among other things
- guidelines and policy documents for elderly care
- to produce information on strategic health and social care issues
- to follow up the elderly care activities regardless of the form of governance
- to coordinate the planning of homes for the elderly in the city
- training and skills development for elderly care employees
- security alarm and alarm reception.
It is the elected representatives in the elderly council who decide on how the city should work in the area. Elderly Services Department must then implement the board's decision.
The work at Elderly Services Department is led by senior director Patric Rylander. The administration consists of four departments and a unit responsible for the operations in each area.